Happy Wednesday everybody! Hope the world is treating you right! I am super excited to have been nominated for my second blogging award by James @ThisIsMyTruthNow. If you haven’t checked out James’ blog before, do yourself a favor and click that link! Not only did he reach an insanely impressive milestone (500+ reviews) last month, but he also participates in a super unique and thought provoking 365 Daily Challenge. If you’re looking for a new source of well-written content on anything from books to movies to what’s going on in NYC, than his site is for you!
The Rules for the Liebster Award:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
Give 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate 11 blogs
Notify them of the nomination
Give them 11 questions to answer
With that being said let’s dive in!
Facts About Me:
- I’m not clumsy, per se, but accidents that “have never happened before” sometimes happen to me. Like when that scary pizza-cutter tool they use to cut off casts actually cut into my arm. Or when the tool they use to tighten up braces snapped and cut my mouth open…that kinda stuff. Luckily, incidents like this haven’t plagued me since I was a teenager **knocks on wood**
- I’m always humming or singing during idle time. Usually I’m unaware of it, but apparently it happens. I actually met my most recent Facebook friend because she overheard me while we were waiting in line to board the plane and wanted to follow my potential music career.
- I owned and operated my own business before I was 25-years-old. To date, it’s my biggest accomplishment.
- During my journalism days I once interviewed Glenn Close. She did the Cruella de Vil laugh. Live. In person. It was my everything.
- I’m married to my high-school sweetheart and our first kiss was on prom night. So yeah, I totally buy into the super cheesy Hollywood rom-coms.
- I’m freakishly good at retaining pop culture trivia. I’m the person people call when they want the answer to: “Who was that guy in that one movie with that other guy about that thing.” If only I could monetize this gift.
- I’m not really a drinker. Never have been and most likely never will be. However, I can drink Jägermeister like it’s water. This is a fact that blows my friends’ minds.
- I collect Hard Rock guitar pins. My dad traveled a lot when I was a kid and he would bring me back one from all the places he’d been. I have them from all over the world and have been offered serious money to sell them, but you know sentiments and such.
- Speaking of my father, he’s also the reason I have a ridiculous nickname: Otter. Knowing my Harry Potter obsession, my parents bought me a t-shirt from Monterey Bay that said Harry Otter on it that featured a robe-clad, lightning-bolt adorned otter. My dad laughed so hard while presenting me with this gift that the name has stuck ever since. Now every message/email/call I get begins with: “Hello Otter, this is your Fotter (father otter).” Too much? lol
- I believe in kismet/God winks/things happening for a reason. Too many things in my life have happened at the perfect timing to believe otherwise.
- Thanks to my parents I was on 14 planes before I was 14-months-old and thus have a serious travel bug. I also vehemently believe all airport security lines should be divided based on frequency of travel (experienced, families with strollers, first time flyers, etc).
Questions Asked To Me:
- Which body part would you exchange if you could?
- Honestly, I’ve never really thought about this. I guess I’d say my teeth? They’re straight, but they don’t meet in center so that’s not always ideal.
- How often do you brush your teeth? Honestly, and if you try to lie, your teeth will turn yellow on the spot based on the dust I sent with this post.
- Every morning and every night. The ONLY reason I wouldn’t brush at night is if I’ve passed out earlier and didn’t wake up for bedtime routine. I don’t floss though…shh, don’t tell my dentist.
- If you could inhabit someone else’s body for a day, who would it be?
- My spirit animal: Tina Fey.
- If you could have someone else’s personality and intelligence, who would it be?
- Lin-Manuel Miranda. I literally could go on for an embarrassing amount of time as to why.
- Where are you taking me to dinner tomorrow night? Or if that’s not gonna work for you, what gift are you sending in lieu of canceling last minute on me? Seems appropriate.
- Well if you’re in the city I say we grab coffee and browse The Strand and then head over to Lure Fish Bar. Too touristy?
- Have you ever tried to count the licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop?
- Ha! Maybe once in my youth. I’m not a big fan of chocolate (don’t hate that just means there’s more for you!) so probably not.
- Did I share too much above? If yes, which item. If not, you’re my new best friend.
- I’m already making our BFF bracelets. Do you want the left or the right side of the heart?
- If you could hide in someone’s pocket for a day just to see what they really do when you’re not around, who would it be?
- Everyone I know works so I wouldn’t really want to watch that. Maybe my puppy to see what she’s up to? She’s typically sans pockets though…
- If you have an entire cake to yourself, and you know for certain that no one else will eat it nor see you eat it, would you still cut it up and serve it on a plate? Or would you dig in with a shovel? (Assume nothing bad happens to your body as a result of consuming said
- Assuming this is a flavor of cake I’m actually interested in eating, I’d slice the first piece to get a starting place, and then continue with the rest as one large Pac-Manish piece. However, I’d definitely still eat it on a plate/the stand because I’m clumsy and that just seems like a confectionery horror story waiting to happen.
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “bite me” ? Good or bad, let it rip.
- The 90’s? True Blood? The movie Reality Bites — even though I don’t think they ever say that.
- Have you met Liebster? If Yes, please describe. If No, please contribute $25 to the charity of your choice in order to successfully have completed this easy and fun quiz. Failure to do so results in an automatic replication of 10 more quizzes a day from me to you as a loving gesture of support.
- Can’t say that I have. If I’m donating funds it’ll be to a non-kill shelter here in Dallas. But I did just buy two homeless people combo meals from Whataburger so I’m going to go ahead and count that. #PleaseDontCurseMeWithQuizzes
Blogs I’m Nominating:
- A Very Bookish Girl
- Seelie Pages
- Howling Libraries
- Mel To The Any
- The Wanderlust Reader
- Darque Dreamer Reads
- Kristin Kraves Books
- Kyera’s Library
- Windowsill Books
- A Court of Books and Love
Questions for My Nominees:
- What is the number 1 location on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite game to play?
- What is your favorite underrated/under reviewed book?
- What is something that you’re passionate about beyond books?
- What object/smell/memory reminds you of home?
- What is the last band you saw in concert?
- What is something that makes you smile?
- What is your favorite film?
- What was your last good deed?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
- Leave me with an epic quote. Can be from a book/movie/whatever.
Thanks you guys! This was fun!