Happy Thursday, fellow readers!! As you guys know from previous entries, I’m about 7 award posts behind.
And while I did hide out for several weeks, I busted my butt this past weekend to ensure I made a dent in this list! I’d hate for my nominators to take my procrastination personally instead of recognizing it for the poorly-disguised laziness it truly is. I feel grateful for every single nomination, and that’s why I won’t post them in groups, but rather as individual award posts. So if you see some repeats throughout the next few weeks, I apologize.
Today’s post is devoted to my very first nomination for The Sunshine Blogger Award from Melanie @MNBernardBooks. Melanie runs an amazing blog full of interesting discussion posts, blog tours, and all things sci-fi. In addition to posting solid content — almost daily — she is also pursuing her PhD. Check out her page and show her some love!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
The Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their fabulous blog
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post
Questions from Melanie:
1) What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
My top two bookish pet peeves are: 1) Movie/TV adaptation cover art and 2) Repetitive language throughout a novel. Use synonyms/find a new way to say it or cut it!
2) What’s one non-bookish fact your readers don’t know about you?
I’m not sure whether I’ve revealed this yet or not, but I’m horribly arachnophobic. People never believe me and try to “test” this and I usually end up in tears with a circle of people around me apologizing.
3) What’s your favorite hobby besides reading?
Solo? Singing. With a group? Playing games or attending Dallas Stars games or musicals.
4) Have you ever watched a movie/tv adaptation that was better than the book?
Although it took creative liberties, The Devil Wears Prada was more enjoyable — to me — in cinematic format.
5) What one book do you absolutely love that’s out of your normal reading genre/s?
This is one of those answers that evolves as I continue to read. For now, I’ll go with The Giver by Lois Lowry.
6) If you got to pick which apocalypse you had to face, which type of apocalypse would you choose? (Zombie, nuclear, etc.)
Ha! Can I say the almostalypse? Like the ones where we think the world’s coming to an end due to some prophecy, but it turns out to just be your average Tuesday? No? Cop out?In that case, I guess a vampire apocalypse then. I feel I’ve devoted the most research to surviving that lol.
7) If you had a familiar, what animal would your familiar be?
Oh I wish I knew for sure! I always think it would be something like a wolf or a tiger. However, I took a quiz once — yeah, I’m that person — and it said my familiar would be an owl due to my protective and wise ways.
8) How big is your TBR?
Like any true bookworm, you cannot expect me to own to it.
9) If you were in a story, would you be the villain or the hero?
I’d like to feign badassery and pretend for a hot second that I’d be some edgy villain, but that’s simply untrue. I’m not confident I’d be the hero either. I’m most likely the witty secondary character that’s there for laughs and pulling on the heartstrings.
10) What was your favorite childhood TV show?
Oh goodness! I was a TV junkie as a child because hello the 90’s were amazing! Top favorites would be: Doug, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Saved by the Bell, and Boy Meets World.
11) What one aesthetic would you say is representative of who you are? (Floral, dark, lace, bohemian, etc.)
1) Amber @ambsreads
2) Breanna @Paws&Paperbacks
3) Jill @Jill Jemmet
4) Karen @SincerelyKarenJo
5) Camillea @WhenABrownGirlReads
6) Linda @Linda’sLittleLibrary
8) Saii @LiteraryHues
9) Jessica @ReadingWithJessica
11) Lauren @FictionIsTruth
1) What has been your favorite read so far this year?
2) It’s Thursday, and thus almost the weekend. What song would you recommend to get us pumped for the weekend?
3) If you were going to get a tattoo based off a book what would you get and why?
4) What’s a secret talent you only bring out on rare occasions?
5) What are your favorite kind of posts to read?
6) Follow up: Do you actually read them or are you a skimmer?
7) Who’s your fictional crush and who would you cast IRL to play them?
8) If I came over for a junk food/movie night — what are we watching and what are we eating?
9) What is your go-to guilty pleasure book?
10) Who was the first artist/band you saw live in concert?
11) What’s one of your favorite book quotes?
I look forward to reading your answers and hope you enjoyed getting to learn a bit more about me as well! Thanks again to, Mel for the nomination! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Thursday!
And, as always, Happy Reading!