Happy Monday, loves! So if you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I’m kinda (read: SUPER) behind on tags, award posts, and reviews. Please don’t take this as non-interest, because it simply couldn’t be further from the truth! So after recovering from an intense hockey game on Friday night, I spent part of Saturday afternoon trying to make a dent in this
ridiculously long list. First up was to take care of some award posts. Today, I’m happy to announce & respond to my dual nominations for The Unique Blogger Award from Alex over at CoffeeLovingBookoholic and Ashley & Sabrina at 5171MilesBookBlog. Thank you so much to the lovely ladies that run these fantastic blogs. I’m often inspired by their posts, so do yourselves a favor and give them a looksie!
1) Share the link/s of the blogger/s who has/have shown love to you by nominating you.
2) Answer their questions.
3) In the spirit of spreading the love nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
4) Ask them 3 questions.
1) If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
First of all, this would be the worst punishment ever for someone that considers themselves a reader. I mean, beyond banning reading entirely. I always say I haven’t read enough to have my ultimate “stranded island” read yet, but if I’m being honest, the first book that came to mind was A Court of Mist and Fury. Feel free to judge me, but at 600+ pages, it’s lengthy enough to not get repetitive, and has everything from witty banter, romance, thrills, and the best cast of secondary characters.
2) What’s your favorite reading spot and why? (insert pic)
My favorite reading spot is in my home library, which is currently under reshelving construction. So the best photo I can provide at the moment is from my Book Scavenger Hunt Tag. You’ll be able to see part of my big yellow chair and some close-ups of my shelves pre-reorganization.
3) What’s your most bookish habit?
Ha! Um…constantly purchasing MUST HAVE books despite having an absurd amount of previous MUST HAVE books stacking up on my TBR? But that’s universal, right?
Ashley and Sabrina’s Questions:
1) What is your favorite activity to do besides reading?
Singing, attending Dallas Stars hockey games, and going to live music events. I’m often doing these things with friends and family so it makes sense that it would bring me joy!
2) Where was your best vacation ever?
It doesn’t really count as “vacation,” but the most fun I’ve ever had was during my semester+ abroad in Australia. Within my first week, I attended a surf camp, met friends from all over the world, landed an internship at Australian Geographic, and joined a musical theater group where I was quickly cast in a Star Wars-themed musical. When that much goes down in a week, you can only imagine the shenanigans and laughs that ensued in later months.
3) How do you like your coffee?
Frozen and as closely resembling ice cream as possible.
And the nominees are:
1) Cassie @RantsAndRavesOfABibliophile
3) Naty @Naty’sBookshelf
4) K-Jo @SincerelyKarenJo
5) Abigail @Abigail’sBooks
6) Danielle @TheIntrovertedBookNerd
7) Erin @ARedhead’sRambling
8) Donna @Mom’sBookCollection
My Questions For You:
1) What is one of your favorite reads that doesn’t get the love it deserves from the book community?
2) If you could invite any 3 people — living or dead — to a dinner party who would you invite and why?
3) What is your favorite genre to read and your most-recent favorite read from that genre?
Thanks for learning a bit more about me, and checking out some fabulous blogs! Hope you have a wonderful Monday and that the week treats you right!
And, as always, Happy reading!