Happy Wednesday, book nerds!
It’s been a hot minute since I last updated my beloved blog, but it’s also been an incredibly weird time for our world so I’m hoping y’all will let this slide. I’ve been much more active on my Bookstagram account in the past few months, so if you’re missing your daily Tay Tay updates, that’s probably the medium for you!
However, now that we’re heading into the second half of 2020 😱😱, I’m going to try and balance my time between IG and here! Let’s hope I can keep it up!!!
Today is the official start to the #PopCultureReadathon (@PopCReadathon – Twitter) devoted to all things 90s. Created by the incredibly talented Whitney (@lifeWHITme – Twitter) & co-hosted by Lorryn (@readingparent – Twitter), this month-long readathon allows readers to “relive the glory days.” Picking from one — or all lol — of the four 90s-movie-themed Bingo boards (Teen Dream, Family Affair, Thrill Ride, or The Adult Table), readers try and get as many bingos as possible throughout the month. Check out Whitney’s breakdown here to learn more! You can still join in on the fun (again it just started today!!) so check out Whitney’s post or the Twitter feed to learn more! Most of my friends and rocking the Thrill Ride board, but I decided to go for The Adult Table! Scroll down to see the options I’m considering for all 16 prompts and wish me luck on scoring a BLACKOUT in July!!
1) Poetic Justice – Read a book written in verse:
Identical by Ellen Hopkins
2) The First Wives Club – Read a book from your favorite genre:
The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund
3) Pretty Woman – Read a book with a gorgeous cover:
Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust
4) B.A.P.S. (Black American Princesses) – Read a book with royalty :
Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
5) “It’s Friday, Craig” – Read a book with 150 pgs or less:
I Killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick*
*So this one is more than 150 pgs, but I didn’t own a book with less than 150 pgs so I figured reading MORE should still count…right?*
6) Death Becomes Her – Read a backlist book:
You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley
7) Titanic – Read a historical fiction novel:
The Court of Miracles by Kester Grant
8) Sister Act – Read a first book in a series:
Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles
9) “Don’t Get Mad, Get Everything” – Read a book with a revenge plot:
Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmirski
10) Soul Food – Read a book with a dysfunctional family or relationship:
More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn
11) My Best Friend’s Wedding – Read a second-chance romance:
In Case You Missed It by Lindsey Kelk
12) The Best Man – Read a book with a wedding:
The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
13) Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit – Read the next book in a series:
The Suicide House by Charlie Donlea
14) Never Been Kissed – Read a romantic comedy:
One To Watch by Kate Stayman-London
15) Bad Boys – Read an action-packed book:
A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
16) Romy & Michelle – Read a book with a colorful cover:
The Roommate by Rosie Danan
Okay, that’s my very ambitious TBR for the very first #PopCultureReadathon! If you’re participating too, please let me know which board you’re playing & what you plan to read. And whether you’re playing or not, let me know which book should be my first read in July! Wish me luck & give me your thoughts below!!
AND, AS ALWAYS: HAPPY READING!
WANT TO FOLLOW ME?
CHECK OUT MY TWITTER @NERDNARRATION
CHECK OUT MY BOOKSTAGRAM @NERDNARRATION
CHECK OUT MY GOODREADS PAGE